Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Stupid and Shallow - Futureheads

All my fears were right. Phil has fallen for Joanna the Polish girl. He doesn’t fancy me anymore. I was just a burden to him he wasn’t sure how to get rid of. It’s horrible finding out that someone’s moved on from you. It happened to me two years ago at Valentines and that fucked me up enough then, and I didn’t care about him half as much. God, it’s Valentines next week. That’ll be another card count of 0. The best break up I had was with Stu. He was one of those guys that at the time, I thought I’d be with forever and all that shit. It was wonderful, we both just slowly drifted apart and agreed that it was over. Fantastic, happy. We’re still friends.

Phil wants us to be friends, I liked that idea, but he talks a lot about all his friends scattered all over the world and how he never sees them. That didn’t fill me with hope, more made me think that I see him little enough as it is, never mind when he isn’t my boyfriend. It’s weird. Last night he was so horrible. Calling me immature, saying I wouldn’t understand, but to be honest I don’t think he really knows me well enough anymore. He doesn’t know how much I’ve changed since I went to uni. I’ve been through some tough shit. I’m used to grief now. I hope I can get through this with the same strength that has served me so well in the past five years. I’m proud of who I am.

It’s horrible not having anyone to lust after or focus my attentions on to. There really is nobody. I feel so so alone. I don’t live with my family, my best friend lives in another city and is at uni full-time. My flatmates here I don’t really know well enough.
I can’t believe I had to find out about all that through a photo on myspace. I hate the internet. I hate the fact I spent 2 years of my life, so dedicated to someone, for nothing. He’s disposed of me too easily, he’s disposed us. I’m still clinging on like some pathetic women (well, that is what I am I suppose) who can’t delete his text messages or take the photos of my wall.

Emma and I drank a litre of Smirnoff last night. We made White Russians (out of coffee, sugar and milk…didn’t work out too badly really). We then moved onto Malibu I had from ages ago…but by that point the shit had hit the fan and I was feeling like shit, so the alcohol was just there to make me feel numb. It didn’t work, I woke up so distraught. I sent some pretty horrible text messages. After that stage we hit acceptance and I spoke to him on msn, even apologising for my behaviour (though I do think it’s me who is owed an apology). Then there came anger. Shouting bastard and punching my mattress. Should have known better. I feel like a fool. I’m trying so hard not to cry again.

Can’t stop listening to The Fray – How to Save A Life.

Step one you say we need to talk He walks you say sit down it's just a talk He smiles politely back at you You stare politely right on through Some sort of window to your right As he goes left and you stay right Between the lines of fear and blame And you begin to wonder why you came Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life Let him know that you know best Cause after all you do know best Try to slip past his defense Without granting innocence Lay down a list of what is wrong The things you've told him all along And pray to God he hears you And pray to God he hears you Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life As he begins to raise his voice You lower yours and grant him one last choice Drive until you lose the road Or break with the ones you've followed He will do one of two things He will admit to everything Or he'll say he's just not the same And you'll begin to wonder why you came Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life How to save a life How to save a life Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend Somewhere along in the bitterness And I would have stayed up with you all night Had I known how to save a life How to save a life